Carousell is the leading classifieds group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the group has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot, OneKyat and Ox Street, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. We have three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India, as well as offices in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Vietnam. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of solving problems for our users; having a mission-first mindset; being relentlessly resourceful; caring deeply; and staying humble to constantly improve. Together as an organisation, we make magic happen.
We are looking for a Carousell Malaysia Recommerce Lead to join our Recommerce Team in Carousell Malaysia.
- Lead, develop and grow our recommerce business model to deliver value and revenue for the business
- Be overall responsible for P&L of this initiative
- Be involved from development of the product, marketing, setting up operations, troubleshooting for our customers to ensure a great user experience. Work end to end to build up this business
- Work with product team to understand users needs to ensure we are building the right product for our users
- Work closely with stakeholders to forecast and set target and ensure we are tracking and progressing to our plans
- Lead and develop a team of marketing and business development specialists
- Partner country, product engineering, marketing and other stakeholders to turn strategy to life
- A growth mindset and entrepreneurial; you enjoy building from scratch with limited resource
- A proven analytical skills who is able to use data to draw actionable insights and turn them into a coherent strategy
- To be make things happen by by turning strategy to reality
- To be able to communicate well through writing clear and succinct documents and also present case and points clearly; With well thought out recommendations and next steps
- To live, breathe and and embody our core values of solving problems; being relentlessly resourceful, staying humble, care deeply and mission first
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage complex parallel project opportunities concurrently
- Passion to lead and develop people
- A Carousell user and/or familiar with using the Carousell app and its features (include your Carousell username in your application!)
Note: Due to the high volume of applicants. Only shortlisted will be notified.
Agencies: Please do not call or email any employee of Carousell Group outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, to the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property/ownership of Carousell Group and, in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.