Carousell is the leading classifieds group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the group has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot, OneKyat and Ox Street, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. Download the app for iOS or Android, and visit www.carousell.com for more information.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of solving problems for our users; having a mission-first mindset; being relentlessly resourceful; caring deeply; and staying humble to constantly improve. Together as an organisation, we make magic happen.
We are looking for a Tax Specialist for our fast-growing Finance team. Our ideal teammate will have a blend of Tax & Accounting experience in a regional setup. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while also having an eye for the nuances that make or break a brand!
This is an individual contributor role and we are looking for a Group Tax Specialist who is experienced or motivated to develop the tax function further within Carousell; this is a full-time position based in India.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the tax compliance obligations for the group entities in SEA and India
- Assist in the implementation of tax digitization and automation processes
- Assist in implementing various tax strategies to ensure optimal savings and provide tax advice to management team on business development initiatives
- Implementation of the Group’s transfer pricing policy, including the oversight of transfer pricing postings and preparation of required transfer pricing documentation
- Group tax reporting, including the oversight of tax postings and balances during the month-end process, half-year and year-end reporting and preparation of tax notes for statutory accounts for the Group
- Manage tax audits
- Manage tax and other government incentives
- Qualified CA or CPA
- Minimum 4+ years proven corporate tax and transactional tax experience preferably in Big 4 or in an e-commerce regional setup having a sound understanding of the current tax treatments
- Transfer Pricing knowledge and experience in managing in SEA region is a plus
- Creative problem solving skills and is process-driven
- Experience in working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Good organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple deliverables and tight timelines
- Meticulous to detail and numbers-driven
- Able to business partner with regional counterparts and is a problem solver
- Independent, technically strong with a strategic and conceptual mindset, and a motivated team player
Note: Due to the high volume of applicants. Only shortlisted will be notified.
Agencies: Please do not call or email any employee of Carousell Group outside of the Talent Acquisition / Recruitment team. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, to the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property/ownership of Carousell Group and, in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
By clicking on Submit, you are accepting to our PDPA policies. In case you are interested to know more, read about our Candidates Personal Data Privacy Statement [https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410378144537-Candidates-Personal-Data-Privacy-Statement].
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
Brewing up the future, today.