Carousell Group is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing classifieds marketplace platforms across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Started in August 2012, Carousell Group began in Singapore and now has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah, Chot Tot and OneKyat, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell Group is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver and Sequoia Capital.
The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We are now looking for Senior Backend Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in India.
- Design and build scalable APIs for the Carousell marketplace platform.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Work with infrastructure team on deploying, scaling and performance optimization.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
- Build revenue impacting products including advertisements and visibility.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- At least 4 years of working experience in backend development
- Experience in either Go, Python, Django/Flask, RESTful APIs
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and performant code making use of appropriate design principles and patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and technologies such as Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, Lucene / Elasticsearch / Solr.
- Strong experience in optimizing the performance of backend systems and scaling infrastructure components.
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles.
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies
Good to have:
- Experience with online advertisement technology.
- Knowledge of managing data consistency in distributed systems.
- Experience working with asynchronous systems.
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native), Product
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US + Canada Only)