Carousell is the leading classifieds group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start buying and selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the group has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot, OneKyat, Ox Street and Refash, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. We have three technology development centers in Singapore, Taiwan, and India, as well as offices in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Vietnam. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of solving problems for our users; having a mission-first mindset; being relentlessly resourceful; caring deeply; and staying humble to constantly improve. Together as an Organisation, we make magic happen.
We are looking for an Property Category Manager to join our Category Management Team in Philippines
This person is a data driven category specialist to drive growth for our Property & Related Categories. This person will deliver results by generating insights across this diverse and complex set of categories, and use those insights to identify opportunities and to continuously improve our customer experience. This person should be attuned to the needs of our users and be able to break down and solve complex business problems.
This role will report to the Philippines General Manager.
- You are responsible for the overall growth target achievement, partnerships with key players in the market, launching new business models, and the P&L of the property category in the Philippines
- You will work on understanding the details of Property subcategories to be able to create strategies around these insights - focusing on understanding the buyer funnel as well as the casual vs merchant seller landscape across subcategories.
- Be responsible for defining and maintaining the overall category tree of the Carousell Property marketplace for your categories, including relevant attributes and filters to provide the best experience for our buyers and sellers - with the aim of developing an understanding of how category traffic and engagement in one part of the marketplace can lead to the growth of another
- Because of the complex and broad scope of this role, you will use data wisely to draw similarities between subcategories and apply broad-stroked solutions that are widely applicable.
- Undertake user research and use data to understand our category consumers better and help to define our long term strategic and communication framework
- Support the wider category team with scoping of category management dashboards, and work to ensure that the adoption of these dashboards and frameworks is high amongst the category team.
- Work with Marketing team to ensure that category related content is a part of our day-to-day marketing communications
- Be responsible for pricing of visibility products in your category to ensure we are charging an appropriate amount for the value we are delivering to our users.
- Conduct regular detailed analysis into search terms, browse behavior, conversion funnels to identify possible areas of improvement of our product or marketing comms.
- Build and maintain relationships/networks with relevant stakeholders, in ways that help to deliver strategies as a whole, and with smooth and timely delivery
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing teams to grow category revenue alongside user growth
- Work with product teams to ensure that the needs of the category are being addressed in future roadmaps.
- Perform experiments in collaboration with marketing and/or product teams to validate hypotheses and continually improve customer experience of these categories
- Report back to the wider business on category performance (growth and revenue) on a regular basis
You Will Have
- 5-7 years of category management experience, ideally in a classifieds marketplace or internet company, preferably in the property industry
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset. Has proven experience managing projects and launching an idea from ground up
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Strong data analytics skills and has structured thinking with attention to detail.
- Able to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy, or idea and influence at all levels of the company
- Independent self-starter with understanding of how to work within a fast-paced startup environment with minimal structure
- Experience running marketing campaigns and partnerships targeting small businesses using traditional and digital media is a plus
- Experience with management consulting, program management, or product management is an advantage
By clicking on Submit, you are accepting to our PDPA policies. In case you are interested to know more, read about our Candidates Personal Data Privacy Statement [https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410378144537-Candidates-Personal-Data-Privacy-Statement].
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.