Carousell is the leading classifieds group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start buying and selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the group has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot, OneKyat, Ox Street and Refash, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. We have three technology development centers in Singapore, Taiwan, and India, as well as offices in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Vietnam. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of solving problems for our users; having a mission-first mindset; being relentlessly resourceful; caring deeply; and staying humble to constantly improve. Together as an Organisation, we make magic happen.
About the role
As Carousell Group has grown to serve more users in more places, the complexity of our organisation and our products increase as well: we have several business units operating in multiple markets, many categories, enabled by a variety of product development teams partnering with various business functions. While we try to have each of our product development teams operate as autonomously and independently as possible, many important and complex initiatives can only be done and products created by coordinated work across teams, functions and even business units. Technical Program Managers(TPM) at Carousell play an important role in planning and executing such strategic, complex, cross-functional, multi-team programs and projects. We are currently looking to expand our TPM team, with a TPM focused on cross-business unit initiatives, particularly in the second-hand e-commerce domain. The role reports to a Sr TPM and is based in Singapore.
- Work closely with technical (Engineering, Product, Design, Data) and business (Category Management, Marketing, Legal, Finance) teams and functions to create and execute detailed program/project plans for multi-team, cross-functional initiatives and solutions in technical and business domains.
- Create accountability by tracking timelines/deliverables, resolving dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks, and communicating status to upper management and project/program team members.
- Identify program risks, blockers and opportunities. Mitigate and problem solve together with the teams involved
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Design and other cross-functional teams to resolve issues that arise during design, implementation, and post-launch.
- Work with external/internal partners on integration and product expansion opportunities.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Ask questions that clarify priorities and outcomes to help teams be more effective.
- Use effective, consistent program/initiative documentation and communication formats, mediums and cadences.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of technical program management practices at Carousell group
- Promote transparency, collaboration, information sharing and better decision making via knowledge management
- User obsession and empathy.
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals.
- Strong product and technical judgment.
- Ability to grasp the big picture and the details, and move fluidly between the two.
- Strong organisational skills to work manage multiple tasks without losing sight of priorities.
- Ability to build relationships and influence, empower, and align people across a variety of functions. High integrity.
- Ability to facilitate discussions: gather inputs, make progress and take decisions.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Experience operating, autonomously across multiple teams.
- Familiarity with various software development methodologies (agile, kanban, waterfall, plan/build/ship) and good judgment to apply appropriate methods to specific circumstances.
- 7+ years of industry experience in software engineering or related field, with 2+ years in Technical Program Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field such as Math, Physics, Engineering.
By clicking on Submit, you are accepting to our PDPA policies. In case you are interested to know more, read about our Candidates Personal Data Privacy Statement [https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410378144537-Candidates-Personal-Data-Privacy-Statement].
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
Help the world share their story