Carrot Creative is looking for a Senior Designer to add to our Brooklyn Design team! Reporting directly to the Design Director, you will work alongside other Senior Designers to lead projects, mentor junior-mid level talent, and lead by example in a collaborative environment.
- Act as lead designer for retainer and project-based clients.
- Make intelligent design decisions that are grounded in reason, and be able to defend your choices to internal team and client.
- Execute multiple projects at once while meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Work collaboratively across multi-faceted teams of Creatives, Motion Designers, UX designers, Developers, etc.
- Effectively delegate work to additional designers on accounts when necessary.
- Mentor a group of mid and junior level designers.
- Act as an advocate for the design team across departments.
- Work in a group dynamic, and actively participate on any given project or team to which assigned.
- Open and receptive to creative direction and design feedback.
- Ego-free and respectful, but paired with a strong, balanced point of view.
- Be proactive and have the foresight to solve process and design-related issues while helping to uphold and improve upon existing process.
- Push boundaries with intelligent design solutions and inspire others to do the same.
- Participate in creative brainstorms and aesthetic explorations while also being able to follow others vision.
- Understand and navigate client needs, while simultaneously pushing the quality of work forward.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Exceptional design aesthetic taste level.
- Strong background in UI
- Skilled craftsman in multiple design mediums. (i.e. branding, typography, photo compositing, motion, illustration, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of design software of choice (Adobe CC, Sketch, etc).
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML capabilities and limitations.
- Incredibly detail oriented.
- Extremely deft at prioritization and time management.
- Capable leader amongst a small team of designers.
- Able to work with other designers as well as independently.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Experience working with a variety of clients, both large & small scale.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Carrot Creative
We ideate, design and build digital adventures for some of the world's most innovative brands (like American Express, Cartoon Network, Clinique, Ferrari, and The Yankees) from our headquarters in DUMBO (Brooklyn, NY). Our technical prowess has secured us strategic partnerships with some of the leading social networks including Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn and Snapchat.