Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are seeking a passionate technical leader to join our New York City based Technology team. Our Engineering Directors collaborate with team members to create technical strategy, build teams that ship impactful features, and coach humans to achieve their goals. In this role you will manage both customer facing and non-customer facing teams. In this role you will lead engineers on both customer facing and non-customer-facing teams that use a diverse set of technologies.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop technical strategy that delivers an engaging experience and gives Casper an edge on competitors
- Manage teams of software engineers through the development process with a focus on speed of delivery and high quality outcomes
- Coach direct reports through professional development plans cultivating leaders underneath you
- Lead and participate in architecting technical designs
- Foster productive collaboration between disparate functions, teams, and departments
- Lead recruitment, evaluation, and closing of talented engineers
Our dream candidate is...
- Highly motivated and pushes teams to greatness
- Has a degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- A versatile people manager for both individual contributors and other managers
- Experienced in building and contributing to diverse and inclusive work environments
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Sydney, Australia
Senior Software Engineer
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Engineering Manager - Enterprise Identity, Security and Compliance
Slack, San Francisco
Security Engineer - Risk and Compliance
Slack, San Francisco
Mobile QA Engineer
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Hortonworks, Boston, MA