Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Digital Design Director to lead our growing New-York-based digital design team. We take great care and pride in developing very considered and uniquely wonderful products and experiences. As Casper expands, we are seeking a digital design director who can lead the design of the Casper.com experience—as well as develop new digital touch points that extend the brand, furthering our movement to achieve better sleep for all.
The ideal candidate has deep experience conceptualizing, designing and launching digital products and experiences, as well as leading design teams. You are fluent in weighing business, technology and user inputs in design, and have utilized a breadth of design, prototyping and testing methods to put great experiences out into the world. You enjoy mentoring other designers, setting up team processes, and creating the conditions for designers to do great work.
Above all, you thrive in environments where you can roll up your sleeves and lead through designing— inspiring others through making, not just telling. You have a passion for great UX/UI design that bridges both usability and emotional brand expression.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Leading world class digital design, from concept to implementation, continuously evolving Casper’s digital experience across touch points.
- Pushing brand expression in the digital medium through visual design and UX.
- Leading and mentoring a team of (4-8) digital product designers working on different components of Casper.com as well as other future digital touch points. Coaching individuals and teams through a design lens, and being unafraid to deliver constructive critique.
- Scoping design projects with designers, producers and tech leads to catalyze and prioritize design efforts.
- Collaborating with marketing and other business stakeholders– proactively spotting opportunities to elevate user experience and grow the business. Facilitating cross-functional inputs into the design process, and being a credible advocate of great UX/UI.
- Continuously evolving and setting the bar for digital design at Casper, pulling in best practices and modeling a consistent curiosity for inspiration from outside the company.
Our dream candidate is...
- 8-15 years working in an in-house digital product team and/ or digital design agency
- Experience managing a digital design team, hiring, mentoring and supporting the development of other designers
- Demonstrated experience leading an end-to-end design process, from user research to prototyping to implementation and iteration
- Skillset in both visual interaction design as well as structural UX and digital product architecture
- Experience with both web and native mobile design
- Experience coding and/or working closely with developers to prototype in code
- Start-up and e-commerce experience is desired
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a design related field, or equivalent work experience
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
Head of Product Design
Oscar, New York
Lead UX Designer (Video & Music) - Contract
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Visual Designer (Contract)
Pinterest, San Fransisco
Lead Interaction Designer (Account & Identity)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Retail Environments Designer
Casper, New York