Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Our product designers care deeply about human-centered design solutions for Casper.com and its expanding digital touch points. They wear many hats, looking holistically at the end-to-end user experience, and thinking thoroughly through every detail of the interfaces created and stories told. They collaborate across disciplines, working closely with a project manager, developers, and brand designers. They lead in the company as an advocate for the user, informing product strategy as they deliver exceptional concepting, wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you're not catching zzz's, this is what you'll do
- Demonstrate beautiful and functional visual and interaction design, typography, and hierarchy for our core website and other digital touchpoints in the Casper ecosystem.
- Continually strive to express the Casper brand in a digital medium.
- Closely collaborate with creative team to craft compelling stories through copy, video, animation, illustration and photography. Have the vision to know where and when they are best employed.
- Elegantly architect complex end-to-end UX flows for all core and uncommon user scenarios and profiles.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Address both product and business goals by creating user-centric design solutions.
- Partner with a producer and lead engineer in a product team. Lead UX discussion in cross-team collaborations with data, marketing, and user-research. Openly and confidently express design vision and needs, and seek solutions that support developer and business needs.
- Help the digital team develop new tools and processes for achieving success, e.g. a style guide or a device lab.
- Share honest, thoughtful feedback with fellow designers. Commit to continually learning, training, and improving yourself and others.
Project Scoping & Management
- Identify the types of feedback, research, and data needed to inform the multi-step rollout of product design iterations.
- Effectively scope and phase a given project through its lifecycle, adapting it to new information along the way. Align your team and stakeholders on project design goals.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects in a dynamic working environment, and seek help when needed. Recognize and help when your colleagues need support.
- Identify and pitch opportunities to create business value through new user experience features or optimizations.
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline related to: interaction, information architecture, user interface, UX, graphic design.
- 5+ years experience – 2+ in-house for ecommerce, preferably for international markets.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); ability to propose ideas across teams, and contextualize multiple ideas in relation to one another.
- Expert in: Sketch, Adobe Suite, prototyping tools. Solid knowledge of semantic HTML/CSS.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Product Management Instructor
General Assembly, Melbourne
Product Manager - Ads Measurement
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Product Insights Program Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Produkt Manager / Product Owner (m/f)
Director, Quality Assurance
Glossier, New York, NY
Liftoff, Palo Alto