Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
Casper is seeking a Firmware Engineer to help us create great things. Our product engineering team is a strategic, hands on and collaborative group. We work across disciplines to develop very considered and unique products surrounding all things sleep. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about crafting beautiful objects with great form and function. You are passionate about crafting beautiful physical objects with great form and function — from soft goods to furniture and beyond. You have shipped product and understand what it takes to bring products to market. You are capable to drive all phases of product development, from strategy and concepts to bringing your design to mass production at a factory.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Architect, design, implement, and maintain complex software designs
- Write clean, understandable, robust, and sustainable code tailored for embedded systems
- Negotiate, specify, and document communication protocols, system states, and firmware/software feature requirements with the software team
- Create and write cases to exercise and validate firmware
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop product strategy recommendations and roadmap
- Work in our San Francisco location, travel required
Our dream candidate is...
- BS/MS in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years Firmware / Embedded software development experience including BT/BLE, WiFi, device drivers, data transport
- A strong software development discipline, including modularization and test methods
- Expertise in C software development, tools, and debug
- Experience with scripting languages
- Hands on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support
- Organized self starter, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong logical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Track record of shipping products in a cross-functional engineering environment
- Willingness to travel to support manufacturing builds
Nice to Have
- Experience in digital signal processing
- Understanding of common communications protocols, basic electrical design principles, and ability to read and interpret schematics
- Ability to debug issues using a combination of software and lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
Yes, we’re friendly. Here’s our story!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit Casper's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer – Android
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Business Analyst, Business Development
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Software Engineer
Autopilot, Sydney, Australia
Back End Engineer
United Technologies Digital, New York
Senior Software Engineer (m/f) | Mumbai
Kreditech, Mumbai Office
IoT Application Developer