Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking to add a Lead to our Data and Analytics team. The Lead will build our Site Optimization and Analytics subteam and work with members of the Tech and Marketing teams to define the digital product analytics strategy. We are a data driven company, so there are no shortage of interesting questions to answer!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
We’re looking for someone to be the analytical firepower that drives our Tech and Marketing teams, specifically:
- Lead and build a best in class testing and optimization function
- Make strategy recommendations and drive significant business impact through advanced site analytics and website optimization
- Build comprehensive testing frameworks and champion a testing culture that rapidly tests, measures and iterates. Design and run A/B and multivariate testing initiatives for site design and marketing campaigns.
- Own and be the resident expert in our event tracking, web analytics and testing tools (we use Optimizely, Heap and Google Analytics).
- Conduct detailed customer path analysis to identify areas for improvement
- Create output that tells the story behind the data to non-technical team members so they can execute more effectively
Our dream candidate is...
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics with an emphasize on web analytics and site optimization, preferably at an e-commerce brand with a high volume of complex data
- Experience implementing advanced event tracking and working with clickstream data
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Fluency with site analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Heap) and A/B testing tools (e.g., Optimizely)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python (preferred) or R. Solid understanding of open source data mining / data visualization software packages (e.g., pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib) a plus.
- Working experience applying statistics and machine learning research and techniques to real-world data
- Highly motivated self-starter. Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.