Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to improve our tools and procedures for monitoring, alerting, and incident response. As a Site Reliability Engineer, your work will enable your peers to quickly understand that a service is in error and will serve as a guide towards a resolution.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Build tools and systems to efficiently provision, deploy, and configure an increasing amount of applications.
- Provide expertise on monitoring and build a resilient application infrastructure to alert teams of SLA violations and issues.
- Use your knowledge of operations and systems to help engineering teams build stable, scalable applications.
- Provide engineers tools to aid in root cause determination and improved alerting.
Our dream candidate is...
- Taking the initiative to find solutions to gaps in deployment and operational systems.
- Loves to educate others and welcomes opportunities to learn new solutions and ideas.
- Understands the merits and tradeoffs of different solutions to a problem and readily shares opinions on each.
- Demonstrates the ability to collect and provide useful metrics across the full stack.
- Can clarify ambiguity and tailor communication to audience.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Platform
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Strategic Sourcing / Commodity Manager, Autonomous Tech
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Time Inc., New York, NY
Technical Project Manager
Lumosity, San Francisco
Platform Identity Engineer
GitHub, Remote - US, Remote - Canada
PlayStation, Austin, TX