Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
Casper is looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Treasury Analyst to join our growing Finance team in New York City HQ. This person will be a critical part of the team, handling both treasury and payroll needs, and will report into the Vice President - Global Controller.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Handle receipt, banking and protection of company funds, securities and financial products
- Anticipate borrowing needs and available funds for investment
- Develop an annual cash needs budget for the company and create long-term projections based on departmental needs and upcoming capital projects
- Maintain an efficient system of policies and procedures that adequately control treasury activities
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational and capital investment needs
- Advise Senior Management of loans, liquidity and investments
- Prepare treasury related financial reports
- International transactions and foreign exchange gain/loss exposure from a treasury perspective
- Insurance related activities including negotiating insurance renewals and maintaining insurance relationships
- Implement and maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded from a treasury and payroll perspective
- Responsible for end to end payroll administration, including but not limited to
- Prepare, QC, reconcile and process payroll, ensuring accuracy for two company codes, on a bi-weekly and semi-monthly schedule, as well as periodic quality control and review
- Point of contact for day-to-day payroll issues and questions
- Reporting all exemption notifications and filing all relevant reports, e.g. quarterly tax and deduction reports
- Provide required treasury/payroll reports and reconciliations to Finance/Accounting team and external auditors as required
- Identify improvements and efficiencies in the treasury/payroll processes from a controls perspective including Sarbanes Oxley requirements and compliance
- Support Finance/Accounting as required on on-going responsibilities and on an ad-hoc basis as necessary
- Plan and oversee on-going internal process to push for efficiencies, automation and accuracy of financial management and financial systems from a treasury/payroll perspective.
- Support the development of the annual planning cycle and interim financial updates from a treasury/payroll perspective.
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in treasury/payroll related activities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- Prior start-up experience/ E-commerce experience a plus
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Exposure to large ERP systems
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit Casper's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Treasury (Ruby/Clojure)
Business Strategy Manager
Investment Principal, Financial Inclusion
Omidyar Network, Redwood City, CA
Finance and Accounting Lead
Head of Legal, Transactions
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Mid-Market Account Executive (DACH)