Full - Time Store Supervisor - The Domain - Austin, TX
Casper, Austin, TX
The best bed for better sleep
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life! We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen to be the Store Supervisor. You will help oversee day-to-day operations of the store alongside the Store Manager and Associate Manager. As part of the leadership team, you will lead by example on the sales floor and ensure smooth store operations. You will help benchmark Casper's offline experience by nurturing a customer centric and consultative sales culture.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
Casper’s Retail story began in 2017 with The Casper Wake-Up. Alongside its success, Casper opened 15 pop-up shops across the U.S. After an exciting beginning with Retail, Casper opened its first permanent store in NYC in 2018, and announced the plan to open 200 stores across the country and in Canada. Join the Dream Team as the Casper family continues to grow!
Nuts and Bolts:
This is an hourly role based in our retail store. You must be available to work at minimum 3 days a week with weekend availability.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do:
- Assume managerial duties in the absence of the Store Manager/Associate Store Manager, including store opening/closing, upholding visual brand standards, maintaining safe working conditions and facilities maintenance.
- Help lead and advise associate team on sales floor with goal driven approach.
- Lead by example and contribute to a culture of ownership, continuous improvement, and goal achievement.
- Maintain training standards on the sales floor; ensure the team has both product and systems expertise.
- Help find ways to improve store operations and to improve overall customer experience.
- Ensure that the product and promotion schedule is in line with casper.com and help implement any initiatives from Casper HQ.
- Oversee inventory management. Inform all associates of product levels & shortages and assist leadership team in cycle counts and replenishment process.
- Help Casper reinvent retail by creating unique, optimal retail experiences.
Our dream candidate is...
- 1-2 years experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry, with at least 3+ years in a customer-facing role
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast paced environments
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Outstanding communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- Naturally curious and a solves problems with grace and optimism.
- Financial management experience preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 50lb
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment – understands the importance of experimentation and iteration.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills and a potential bonus for some splurging
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit Casper's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.