At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are the story-doers and relationship managers. We keep our communities in Europe informed and engaged through cool, innovative, two-way communications. We make sure the public knows what we’re up to by creating authentic relationships with media and influencers. We lead the charge on the “who, what, when, where and why” and we aim to engage media and influencers with inspiring local stories that shape our brand.
We are looking for a PR Manager France at Casper to join our enthusiastic team in Berlin. We believe you will be a key player on this talented team that is passionate about extending Casper’s brand equity and trust with media.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do implement Casper’s comms strategy and initiatives across France, ensuring they are aligned with Europe's overarching campaigns whilst meeting specific local needs
- Manage day-to-day media relations: build authentic relationships with key media in France that result in authentic earned editorial
- Manage, update and grow our media contact list in France
- Handle all incoming enquiries from media in France. Responsible to respond incoming requests via [email protected] in a timely and efficient manner. (within 24hs)
- Be proactive and efficient to facilitate briefings/interviews with French media.
- Act as a key go-to person with our internal stakeholders sitting in Berlin in terms of France / PR related matters, ensuring channel integration
- Responsible for PR project planning and tactical execution in France
- Help develop and localize PR assets including comms guidelines, briefing books, key messages, Q&As, press materials, bios, backgrounders, fact sheets, content calendars as examples. Translations, Localisation of PR materials (Eng > French) might be required.
- Identify and report on overall French media opportunities and coverage
- Report on ‘Casper in the news’, ‘Competitors News’, ‘Industry News’ in France to the EU hub team (H+K) on a weekly basis as per process > Weekly EU News highlights.
- Collaborate with all EU Comms templates and processes as requested (eg. Coverage tracker, Media Contacts, EU VIP Seeding, Rolling Calendar, Status Reports)
- Participation in key meetings (Weekly all PR [agency & team] meeting, as well as regular D2D catch ups via phone, slack, meet with direct report)
Skills that we love
- Recent, active experience in PR in France, whether at agency, freelance or in-house level.
- Know what it means to build authentic and meaningful relationships with key media and influencers and has already existing, strong relationships in France.
- Experience with business, consumer, lifestyle, e-retail, tech and startup media preferred.
- Proven PR ethic with utmost integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Native level fluency (verbal and written) in English and French, other languages (e.g. German and/or Italian) are a big plus.
- Professional, positive and “get it done” attitude
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced, results orientated and lively environment
- Able to be flexible and adapt to change
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- You Love sleep - certainly a plus !
The syrup on your waffles
- Unique opportunity to be a founding member of a young team at a successful venture-backed consumer brand
- Open culture with flat hierarchies
- Casper products
- Competitive salary
We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
CRM Project Manager
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Marketing Assistant - Social Media - Long Island
Yelp, Long Island, NY
Marketing Manager, Enterprise
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Alumni Relations Manager
Codecademy, New York
Manager - Original Film Publicity
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Business Analyst, Vertical & Product Marketing
Pinterest, San Francisco