Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to manage a team of software engineers building products that can evolve with our rapidly growing business. As a member of our tech team, you will contribute to our global stack serving a broad set of functions, ranging from an unparalleled user experience and digital storefront to a complex multi-continental logistics & delivery network.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Manage a team of software engineers through the development process with a focus on speed of delivery and high quality outcomes
- Oversee a code review process that eliminates 90% of all bugs, identifies and resolves all major security issues, and addresses scaling problems
- Coach direct reports through professional development plans cultivating one or more direct reports into tech leads
- Participate in all technical designs as a technical leader
- Foster productive collaboration between disparate functions, teams, and departments
- Participate substantially in the recruitment, evaluation, and closing of talented engineers
Our dream candidate is...
- Highly motivated and push teams to strive for greatness
- Experienced in building and contributing to diverse and inclusive environments
- Has a degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experienced as a people manager successfully coaching direct reports into achieving their goals
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the code if necessary
- Experienced with backend systems
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Web Engineer- Growth
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Senior Software Engineer - Web
Lumosity, San Francisco
Android Engineer, Spectacles
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA