Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking an experienced Senior Manager to join its finance team. The Tax Senior Manager will be responsible for the preparation of all federal, state and city income tax provisions and review associated required tax returns. In addition, he/she will ensure all sales and use taxes are filed timely and accurately.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Responsible for analysis and documentation of tax implications of business planning issues
- Review various state business filings, local tax registrations, and sales/use tax returns
- Support company-wide compliance for state/local tax credits and incentives
- Assist with projects including audit assistance, research, tax planning, problem resolution with state agencies and tax projections
- Drive process improvements; enable streamlining to achieve operational efficiencies, benchmarking, and development of performance metrics.
- Keep abreast of and provide analysis for tax law developments to assist in planning Company activities including implementation for potential tax planning opportunities, as appropriate.
- Actively engage with a broader group of non-tax personnel within the Company, including IT teams in support of sales tax systems and priorities
Our dream candidate is...
- 6 - 8 years of relevant experience including tax consulting and compliance experience in a Big Four public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Certified Public Accountant
- Comprehensive understanding US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to research and communicate technical tax issues to senior management, and prepare and maintain relevant and organized work papers and memorandum
- Strong project management skills including the ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in international tax and transfer pricing principles
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
Counsel, Licensing, Merchandising, and Partner Marketing
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
IFRS Specialist (m/f)
Sr. Compliance Operations/Investigations Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Technical Compliance Analyst
Sr. FP&A Analyst
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Trust and Safety Representative
Patreon, San Francisco