Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Product Design Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for developing innovative solutions for our Soft Goods and Consumer Products lines, using a combination of your experience engineering and launching products and your knowledge of materials and manufacturing
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, duvets, furniture and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent equally all those who dream big.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Own the engineering of products, primarily soft goods, taking them from concept to launch
- Develop product concepts and prototypes with attention to detail
- Work in different materials and fidelities, from quick experimental mock-ups to meticulous mechanical prototypes
- Source and engage with manufacturers and vendors, set development schedules & manage projects
- Develop and execute test methods and test plans to evaluate materials and product designs.
- Collaborate across design disciplines (ID, Design Research, Graphic Design, etc) and across other functions within the company (supply chain, marketing, consumer experience, communications, etc.)
Our dream candidate...
- Is a passionate product person with 5+ years of professional product development experience, preferably at a soft goods consumer products company (travel, outdoors, home goods, apparel, etc.)
- Is knowledgeable in their field with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, or related field.
- Is someone who has taken products to market and understands what it takes to make that happen.
- Has demonstrated application of engineering methods and tools, including 6Sigma, FMEA, Tolerance Analysis, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Controls, Measure System Analysis, etc
- Thinks through building: understanding of soft goods construction, textiles and sewing skills a plus
- Is proficient in Solidworks or other CAD system. Experience developing specs.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.