Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Design Strategist to join our product team. Our team is small, steadily growing, and very experienced. We spend a huge amount of time and effort to develop very considered and uniquely wonderful products and experiences. We’re looking for someone who is both deeply curious about human behavior and passionate about creating a better night’s sleep for everyone. The ideal candidate has a knack for translating user insights into design, and leverages a broad toolbox of research and prototyping methods to develop exceptional user experiences.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, duvets, furniture and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent equally all those who dream big.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop insight-driven strategies to guide the development of new products, services and experiences, as well as improve existing programs
- Lead design research and synthesis efforts from beginning to end: scoping, planning and logistics, recruiting (from within and beyond our highly-engaged customer base), facilitating research sessions (in-homes, group sessions, etc), leading synthesis and analysis, and forming clear, articulate recommendations that are grounded in user needs
- Work closely with designers, researchers, and engineers to translate insights from the field into actionable and inspiring design principles and guidelines, and mentor team members on best practices around design research processes
- Build frameworks and other visual tools to clearly communicate opportunities and strategic direction
- Seek out and develop new and interesting research tools, processes and methodologies
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to brainstorm, prototype and iterate on ideas… to bring initiatives from concept to implementation.
- Collaborate with our tech, marketing and retail teams to identify ways to improve the customer experience across all touch points: from the website, to our customer service, the design of our showrooms and pop-up stores
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration and inputs into the design process from teams such as Marketing, Retail, and Partnerships.
- Travel about 10-20% of time
Our dream candidate...
- Understands what an insight is and knows how it can inform design.
- Is capable of developing research plans and selecting methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative, to understand people’s needs and behaviors around physical products, interactive experiences and retail environments
- Has 5-10 years working in consulting or on an in-house design team. Is well versed and experienced leading a front-end design process spanning user research through to design implementation.
- Is empathic and passionate about people, observing and interviewing them and representing the human perspective in design
- Is able to drive to a point of view on fast-moving timelines
- Has project experience across various types of design, including physical products, services and environments. Experience on a team developing physical products is a must.
- Is a highly motivated self-starter. Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Is detail oriented, creative, with a passion for design. Works visually and makes things tangible. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Has demonstrated experience translating insights into actionable design principles and opportunity areas, with products that have launched/gone to market
- Has a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a user research, brand strategy or design related field, or equivalent work experience.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Media Analyst, Account Support
Product Manager, Rights
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Principal Product Manager, Search & Data Products
Instacart, San Francisco
Engagement Manager, West Region
MuleSoft, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Portland, Remote
Product Design Executive Producer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Product Designer, Web
Venmo, New York