Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Textiles Technologist to join our growing team. You will use your materials and manufacturing expertise to develop product for our textiles and soft goods programs.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, duvets, furniture, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent equally all those who dream big.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Drive textile research, engineering and development in alignment with design aesthetic and sourcing strategy
- Work closely with the design and sourcing teams to ensure designs are manufacturable, meet cost targets and achieve quality objectives.
- Develop, execute, and document testing programs of textile based products.
- Proactively research emerging materials technologies, trends, attend textile shows, meet regularly with suppliers, and travel to textile mills when necessary to help drive development initiatives.
- Maintain and implement Casper standards, through design vision and product integrity while adhering to a rigorous Product Life Cycle.
Our dream candidate is...
- A passionate product person with 5+ years of experience in textile technology and development, responsible for driving fabric research and development in alignment with design, engineering, and sourcing strategy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fiber, yarn and knit/woven fabric processing. Cut and sew experience a plus.
- Ability to take the aesthetic direction from Design, performance requirements from engineering, and work with either the existing mill base or find new potential mills that can effectively execute the desired direction (focus on innovation, cost, & quality)
- Knowledgeable of processing and dying certifications and sustainable fiber/fabric practices such as GOTS, OCS, Oekotex, Cradle-to-Cradle, CertiPur and/or other environmental test and certification processes evaluating environmental and health impacts of raw fibers, manufacturing processes and dyes & finishes.
- Knowledgeable in your field with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Textile Technology, Textile Engineering, Material Science, or related field.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Casper is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box.
Want to learn more about Casper? Visit https://casper.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Associate Product Manager
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Senior Product Designer
Harry’s, New York, NY
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Digital Product Designer – Hotel Search
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA