Passionate about following the retail and consumer packaged goods industries, covering everything from new tech-enabled distribution channels, upstart online brands, and in-store retail tech? Smart enough to help predict which emerging retail trends will flourish and which will fade (using data and not your gut)? Eloquent enough to package this into readable and understandable research content? If yes, keep reading.
- Write data-driven research and reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends and analyze the momentum of CPG and retail startups, companies, and investors
- Assist with custom client-directed research
- Understand and develop forward-looking analyses and insights for top CPG/retail areas including e-commerce and marketplaces, subscription services, food & beverage, home & personal care, among others
- Develop and give client and prospect client presentations to discuss market trends in retail/CPG
- Support PR requests with data and category knowledge
- You ought to be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and related disciplines such as venture capital and M&A
- Writing experience a requirement– can be within the fields of market research, journalism, or consulting in retail, technology, or related area
- 1-4+ years experience in tech related-position (can also be while working in any of the above fields). You should be able to demonstrate CPG/Retail tech domain knowledge.
- Must be a startup / tech geek passionate about all things tech, and tech + retail
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit http://www.cbinsights.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist - Algorithm Experimentation
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Manager, Member Data Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
ThoughtWorks, Wuhan, Xi'an
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Spark ETL Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA