Director of Research, Mobility
CB Insights, New York City
Software that predicts technology trends.
Passionate about following mobility, and everything from the latest autonomous driving innovation to Tesla to the growth of Uber’s global businesses? Smart enough to help predict which emerging trends will flourish and which will fade (using data and not your gut)? Are you a proven leader? Are you able to help a team package insights into readable, visually engaging, and understandable research content? If yes, keep reading.
- Manage and develop a team of hungry and smart analysts who have created industry-leading research on tech and innovation trends across auto and transportation. This includes handling research calendar for the team and assignment queues across public, syndicated, and custom research deliverables.
- Edit data-driven research and reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends and analyze the momentum of mobility companies
- Help align the team’s work with the interests of our clients and prospects. In some instances, you will have to develop and give client and prospective client presentations to discuss market trends in consumer businesses.
- Help the team understand and develop forward-looking analyses and insights for top mobility areas including connected cars, autonomous driving, ride hailing, trucking tech, and more.
- Support PR requests with data and category knowledge.
- You should be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and have some background in adjacent disciplines such as venture capital, corporate strategy, corporate finance, and M&A.
- Writing experience a requirement – can be within the fields of market research, equity research, vertical journalism, or consulting in auto or related area
- Expertise within auto/transport or researching the industry
- 12+ years management experience and experience leading a research pipeline
- Comfort in private and public markets including public company financial metrics/ratios
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category
- Ability to multi-task and handle the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Jobs You May Like
Specialist, Production Facilities (Madrid)
Netflix, Madrid, Spain
Associate Creative Director, Copy
BGB Group, BGB Group
Social Video Coordinator (Temp)
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media, Seeker - San Francisco, CA
Social Media Producer - Part Time
Vox Media, NY, DC, Remote
Analista de Implementação de Conteúdo (vaga também disponível para PCD)
Rock Content, Belo Horizonte