Interested in following tech trends and love writing data driven content? If yes, keep reading.
The Principal Tech Industry Analyst will be smart enough to help predict which emerging technology companies and products will flourish and which will flounder (using data and not your gut). As well as eloquent enough to package this into readable and understandable research content. All while helping with the ultimate goals of the Research/Content team by managing team members, and planning future team goals.
- Write data-driven research and reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends and analyze the momentum of tech startups, companies, and investors
- Manage a team of junior tech industry analysts including handling research calendar for the team, assignment queues, managing webinar calendar, and delivering briefings
- Assist with custom client-directed research
- Understand and develop forward-looking analyses and insights for top tech areas
- Develop and give client and prospect client presentations to discuss market trends in tech
- Support PR requests with data and category knowledge
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and related disciplines such as venture capital and M&A
- Preferred domain expertise in either FinTech, Health Tech, Auto Tech, or CPG/Retail
- 3+ years managing a team and a research pipeline required.
- Writing experience a must – can be within the fields of market research, journalism, or consulting in health, technology, or related area
- 5+ years experience in tech related-position (can also be while working in any of the above fields). Must be able to demonstrate industry domain knowledge.
- Must be a startup/tech geek passionate about all things tech
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit http://www.cbinsights.com
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Social Media Intern Fall 2017 (Paid)
Uncubed, New York, NY
Freelance Video Producer/Editor
BuzzFeed, New York
Time Inc., New York, NY
Freelance Writer, Boston
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Boston
Imaging Manager, Time Inc. Photo Studios
Time Inc., New York, NY
Freelance Adaptations Editor
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles