Help develop our next generation application.
CB Insights is seeking an outstanding technologist and experienced front-end/web application engineer to join our team and help develop our next generation application. CB Insights is a market intelligence Saas platform and our application is the key to deliver data to our customers effectively. We’re looking for senior engineers that, through hard-won practical experience, know how to build maintainable, testable modern web applications. We’re looking for folks who understand best practices and design patterns - and advocate their use to other team members. We think that providing a good user experience is crucial - even if we’re a B2B SaaS platform - and we want engineers who feel the same way.
We are looking for engineers that love solving problems and are fearless in the face of hard ones. Sounds a tad cliche but as engineers, we believe that the best professional satisfaction comes from knowing our customers use the software we’ve built and love it.
- Help develop our next generation web application on a small Agile team.
- Develop solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, tested and delivered on time.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify problems and share knowledge with your colleagues.
- Work with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Work with your team’s test engineer to develop a test strategy for your work.
- As a senior engineer, be able to plan and execute complex projects and coordinate work involving multiple engineers.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong software engineering background. 5+ years minimum in hands-on development roles.
- Well-versed in Agile development methodology, principles, and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of modern web application development processes and best practices. Strong preference for this experience to include responsive design and front-end development on a consumer-facing application where usability was a chief concern.
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
- Strong hands-on experience with modern web application technology stacks, particularly Node.js, React, and Redux.
- Ability to mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field preferred.
- Previous professional experience developing in a microservice architecture is also a plus.
- Experience with node.js application frameworks and middleware (e.g. express).
- Experience optimizing application performance in desktop and mobile client environments.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit http://www.cbinsights.com
Jobs You May Like
MySQL Site Reliability Engineer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Technical Program Manager
Venmo, New York
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Hardware Electronics Technician
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Data Infrastructure Engineer: Python