CB Insights is seeking an outstanding technologist and leader to oversee our application.
CB Insights is seeking an outstanding technologist and experienced engineering manager to develop and scale our core data pipelines and the teams that manage them. As CB Insights is a market intelligence SaaS platform, the impact of this position cannot be overstated. You will be responsible for the systems that ingest, process, map and analyze our core data. In addition, you will have the opportunity to architect key improvements to these systems to enable scaling and rapid ingestion and integration of new data sources.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, fearless in the face of hard problems, and who enjoys building systems to forcibly wrangle information from chaotic data streams. Perhaps most importantly, we are looking for an engineer who thrives on building a good product and derives satisfaction from knowing their work is used and appreciated by our customers.
The ideal candidate is an experienced manager and strong engineer who can provide hands-on technical guidance to their team when needed. The role req a ires strong understanding of architectural patterns relating to data architecture, data integration, modeling, and data warehousing, as well as practical experience in their application.
Position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Manage and build the teams responsible for our core data pipeline.
- Manage the core data model and change process.
- Own and improve our existing data architecture to enable scaling and ingestion of new types of data.
- Oversee improvements to our existing technology and hardening it.
- Work with the application teams to help integrate new data onto the platform.
- Work with the other engineering leadership to manage common concerns including system architecture, best practices, and development standards.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers.
- Ensure solutions are well-engineered, maintainable, tested and delivered on schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 5+ years as an engineering manager, preferably in an Agile environment with CI/CD.
- Strong software engineering background. 5+ years minimum in hands-on development roles.
- Well-versed in Agile development methodology and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of ETL, data integration, and data architecture patterns.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong hands-on experience working with large data sets.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Linux/Unix.
- Ability to mentor and provide technical guidance to engineers.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders and other technical leadership to solve problems.
- Previous professional experience concerning natural language processing and machine learning is a big plus.
- Previous professional experience developing in or managing in a microservice architecture is also a plus.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit http://www.cbinsights.com
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer (Network Storage)
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Marketing Tech Data Analyst
Time Inc., Tampa, FL
Einstieg als Graduate Software Developer (m/w)
Senior Security Architect
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Director of Engineering, Krakow Office
Spring, Krakow Office
AV Escalation Technician
Snap Inc., New York, NY