Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a coding fanatic and passionate about programming, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our product and are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from that data. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
As a Data Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
Our data software engineers build scalable data pipelines and big data processing systems that run on AWS cloud.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative teach and learn culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines for unstructured textual data sets and various types of data
- Take a prototype of a data product built with NLP and/or machine learning models and make it run reliably in production
- Monitor and maintain existing data products running in production including identifying when models need to be retrained
- Design and implement internal tools to make this data processing infrastructure easily accessible to and usable by other software developers
- Develop solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, tested and delivered on time
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify problems and share knowledge with your colleagues
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 2+ years professional software/data engineering experience using Python, SQL and at least 1 statically typed language (Go, Java, Scala)
- Knowledgeable about data modeling, data storage techniques, data warehousing and general data architecture
- Experience with engineering data pipelines to capture, store and process unstructured data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Helpful Humble Human
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Go, AWS services (RDS, S3, SQS, Redshift, Spectrum, Glue)
- Experience building and maintaining a Hadoop or Spark cluster and other related tools in the big data ecosystem
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Engineer - Mid Market
Internal Systems Junior Administrator
Datto, Norwalk, CT
Back End Software Engineer
NovoEd, Downtown San Francisco
Senior Solutions Engineer
JW Player, New York
Software Engineering Manager
Engineering Manager, Customer Service Technology
Postmates, San Francisco