Sales Development Representative
CB Insights, New York, NY or Remote
Software that predicts technology trends.
Find leads. Intrigue prospects. Drive growth.
The role you'll play:
The CB Insights Sales Development Representative (SDR) will create interest in CB Insights and guide prospects to demo. Specifically, you will blend web prospecting with phone and email communication. You will handle lead qualification and help convert leads into clients. While it is an entry-level sales position, it is an essential component of the CB Insights sales pod, and will report into an SDR manager. As such, you will be closely mentored and developed by seasoned enterprise sales professionals.
About the SDR Team:
If you want to increase growth both for the business and professionally, then this is the place for you. Our high performing SDR team at CBI is collaborative, competitive, and hardworking. With attainable quotas, a strong leadership team, and growth and development opportunities, this is the place you will have an amazing long-term career. This team knows how to succeed, and has a lot of fun doing it.
Your main tasks:
- Prospect for new clients through both phone calls and emails at high-volume with an eye toward exceeding expectations
- Qualify leads generated by marketing which includes content and demo requests
- Look for new potential client accounts and making the first contact with those accounts to create interest
- Schedule demos of the CB Insights platform for qualified prospects
- Support Account Executives to ensure qualified leads convert into paid clients by getting them timely, conducive information about CB Insights' products
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS degree (or relevant work experience)
- Less than 2 years of sales experience, with a history of overachieving targets, in new business acquisition
- Strong communication skills over both phone and email
- Shown creative problem-solving approach
- Desire to move up within a sales organization
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos