Passionate about data? Fearless in the face of hard problems? Keep reading.
CB Insights is seeking an outstanding technologist and experienced engineering lead to develop and scale our core data pipeline, and its team of engineers. CB Insights is a market intelligence platform, so the impact of this position cannot be overstated. You will be responsible for the systems that ingest, process, map and analyze our core data. In addition, you will have the opportunity to architect key improvements to these systems to enable scaling and rapid ingestion and integration of new data sources.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, fearless in the face of hard problems, and who enjoys building systems to forcibly wrangle information from chaotic data streams. Perhaps most importantly, we are looking for an engineer who thrives on building good products and software, and who derives satisfaction from knowing their work is used and appreciated by thousands of our customers.
The ideal candidate is a strong engineer who can own and execute complex engineering projects and an experienced team lead who can provide hands-on technical guidance to their team. The role requires a strong understanding of architectural patterns relating to data architecture, data integration, modeling, and data warehousing, as well as practical experience in their application.
- Lead the team responsible for our core data pipeline.
- Manage the core data model and its change process.
- Own and enhance our existing data architecture to enable scaling and ingestion of new types and sources of data.
- Oversee improvements to our existing technology and hardening it.
- Work with the application and data science teams to help integrate new data onto the platform.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers.
- Ensure solutions are well-engineered, maintainable, tested and delivered on schedule.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 3+ years leading a software engineering team, preferably in an Agile environment with CI/CD.
- Strong software engineering background. 5+ years minimum in hands-on development roles. 7-10+ years preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and Linux/Unix.
- Strong understanding of ETL, data integration, and data architecture patterns. The ideal candidate will also have deep, practical experience in their application.
- Experience using distributed storage and computing technologies like Spark, HBase to scale systems.
- Strong hands-on experience working with large data sets.
- Well-versed in Agile development methodology and best practices.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to mentor and provide technical guidance to engineers.
- Previous professional experience concerning natural language processing, machine learning, and microservices are big pluses.
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit http://www.cbinsights.com
Jobs You May Like
Entry-Level Software Developer
IBM, Multiple Cities
Senior Software Engineer: Backend (Risk)
Postmates, San Francisco
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Engineering Manager - Web
Slack, San Francisco
Sr. Data Engineer- Partner Integrations & Finance
Instacart, San Francisco
Lead Software Developer Consultant (passionate Tech Leads!)