Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a coding fanatic and passionate about programming, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our product and are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from that data. We present that analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
At CB Insights, we build products to gauge and predict technology trends. This requires gathering information from disparate sources, analyzing it, extracting useful information and surfacing that on our platform. As a data scientist at CBI, you will help us in building models that enable this.
You will help build products that extract key insights from various unstructured data sources using your experience and expertise in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning. This will involve working on a wide range of problems including topic modeling, natural language generation, classification, entity extraction, recommender systems and others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess ability to analyze and work with unstructured data sets and generate insights by asking the right questions. The algorithms we develop lead directly to new products and services we offer as a business. So it is important for you to understand the drivers of our business deeply and be able to explain your approach to the rest of the company.
Much of our team has been with us for over 4 years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. Think we can attribute much of that to a teach and learn culture where the role will evolve with your interests.
If this sounds interesting, would love to hear from you!
- Build and improve models using natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning to extract insights from unstructured data
- Explore and analyze diverse datasets (news, sec filings, videos) to find patterns and develop models underlying our products
- Use best practices for training, testing and validation to build accurate and reliable models
- Understand business requirements and identify best strategies and relevant data to solve the issue at hand
- Utilize ETL, database and analytical tools to extract and transform data for analytical needs
- Collaborate and work closely with Engineering, Product and Design to create high quality reliable products.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify problems and share knowledge with your colleagues.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD in computer science, computational linguistics or any related field
- 2+ years of professional experience working on NLP/ML projects
- Experience building and fine tuning NLP systems using conventional ML and NLP practices
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with using Spark and exposure to other big data technologies
- Knowledgeable about statistical modeling and optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience developing and working with NLG systems a big plus
- Experience working with data warehouses Eg: Redshift and other similar database systems
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
CB Insights values diversity, different perspectives, collaboration, and curiosity.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Jobs You May Like
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Ottawa, Canada
Director of Quality Engineering
Slack, San Francisco
Software Development Staff Engineer (REQ #230)
Engineering Manager, International Product
Etsy, San Francisco, CA
Test Senior Engineer (REQ #228)
Senior Software Engineer - Backend