Make complex topics and data beautiful & simple. For millions of people.
The CB Insights Graphics Editor will be be part of a team responsible for data visualization and infographic design that uses data, art and storytelling to make complex issues digestible for millions of people. Working as part of our research team, your work will be seen across a variety of channels including to the media (3000 press citations in the last year), our daily newsletter (quarter of a million subscribers) and our research blog (1 million visitors per month). This is a chance to join a newly formed graphics/visualizations team at a fast-growing software company that has already established itself as a leader in marrying data and storytelling.
- Design infographics and other visualizations to support our data-driven research
- Responsible for taking complex information and transforming it into a story and beautiful visuals
- Work with the research team to provide data driven visuals to media (regularly in Bloomberg, FT, Wall street Journal etc) and within our newsletter - the tech industry’s largest
- Create long digital stories as well as quick, easily shareable, and easy to digest graphics
- Helping create visualization brand standards
- Assist in the creation of research briefings that are memorable and shareable as the result of our marriage of data and storytelling
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of design experience with a strong portfolio that spans both physical and digital collateral
- Expertise in designing infographics, maps, data visualizations, charts and diagrams
- Ability to take data and research and create a compelling visual story and narrative
- Effective communication skills and no fear of working under deadlines and across many teams
- Expertise with layout, typography, and color
- Up to date with necessary design tools including but not limited to Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience with creating interactive visualizations is preferred but not required
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.