Lead Data Platform Engineer
CB Insights, New York, NY or Remote
Software that predicts technology trends.
Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data sets and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
The role you’ll play:
As a Lead Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our team uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
Our Data Engineers support critical business logic across a suite of robust services and scalable data processing jobs.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
The Lead Platform Engineer is a technology focused role for a hands-on coder who will have broad impact on the team and the engineering department. It is not a manager or a team lead role. Strong communication skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset are key attributes we are looking for in a candidate.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor and guide other software engineers.
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding and who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Several years professional experience with dynamic and/or compiled programming languages (we use Go and Python)
- Very strong proficiency with relational databases, including ER modeling and performance optimization (we use MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora)
- Professional experience using messaging queues and streaming technologies
- Expert level experience building ETL jobs and data pipelines using one or more of the following: Spark, Kafka, SNS, SQS, NATS.io, Elasticsearch, Airflow, Pachyderm
- SaaS models and cloud services preferably AWS
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange