Help us continue to build large, resilient systems.
CB Insights is a fast-growing market intelligence platform and services company based in NYC. We are seeking an experienced, AWS-focused DevOps Engineer to join our team and support further growth. The ideal candidate is a skilled technologist who loves building large, resilient systems and enjoys working with similar-minded colleagues in a collaborative, small-team environment. Because of our size and current rate of growth, successful candidates will have substantial opportunity to shape our system and our operations. If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you!
The Role You’ll Play:
- Support and monitor our production application and infrastructure
- Collaborate with team to enhance current tooling/coverage, as well as identify tools to add to our current stack
- Build self-service framework so that feature teams can automate monitoring / alerting
- Advise service developers on best practices for observability, metrics, logging and tracing
- Architect a highly-available system scaling across multiple regions and availability zones
- Assist in Database management responsibilities
- Provide tools and an environment to support efficient software development
- Be part of the 24x7 on call rotation
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience using Amazon Web Services with a DevOps focus
- 5+ years systems administration (Linux strongly preferred)
- 3+ years experience with monitors, metrics, logging, and tracing in a Microservices environment (Python / Go big plus)
- 3+ years experience with DataDog or Splunk
- 3+ years experience with log aggregation technologies such as ELK stack
- 3+ years experience with on-call management tools such as PagerDuty, VictorOps, or OpsGenie
- In depth knowledge of Observability techniques in a Kubernetes environment
- Hands on experience with AWS RDS MySql and/or Postgres
- Scripting experience (Bash/Python). Programming background strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with container technology (Docker highly preferred)
- Experience with microservice architecture is a big plus
- College degree required, CS degree preferred
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one