Director of Marketing, Customer Acquisition
CB Insights, New York
Software that predicts technology trends.
Supercharge our world class inbound SaaS funnel of 20k+ leads per month
We’re looking for an experienced marketing professional to supercharge our lead-rich SaaS funnel.
CB Insights receives 20,000+ inbound leads per month via a robust array of assets including our data-rich research portal, newsletter of 290,000+ subscribers, thousands of press mentions, 1000+ attendee events, webinars and much more. Basically, our demand generation machine is a digital marketer’s dream.
Here are the challenges and opportunities ahead of us:
- Increase volume of qualified leads. While our top-of-funnel performance is world class, we can always use more.
- Verticalize middle of funnel. We serve just about every industry vertical in the Fortune 500. And while our diverse array of industry-specific research attracts the right leads, our mid-funnel nurture paths are ripe for optimization.
- Implement account-based marketing (ABM). Once the funnel is thoroughly verticalized, the next step is to draw upon our highest potential existing accounts and market specifically to those brands.
- Build playbooks for sales. The key to great conversion is ensuring a seamless transition from sales to marketing. This includes ensuring that the lead was properly nurtured and that sales knows the vertical-specific playbook cold. You will work closely with our sales leadership and prospecting teams to make it all happen.
You will own strategy and execution for all of the above, with assistance from our growing team of marketing channel professionals.
- Lead strategy and execution of fully integrated demand generation marketing campaigns with the goal of turning leads in demos and increasing revenue growth
- Design and scale nurture offerings for specific verticals/accounts
- Create, manage, track and report on demand generation programs, including conversion metrics, multi-channel attribution tracking, and CAC vs. LTVs
- Work with product marketing and other stakeholders to ensure positioning and value proposition is clear on all demand generation campaign
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) to generate, distribute, and report on leads with assistance from our Marketing Ops Manager
- Identify new optimization tests and opportunities for faster growth, higher demo quality, and lower cost per demo
- Work with coordinators on paid search, display, and social ad buys targeting specific verticals accounts
- Build playbooks for sales to ensure a soft landing for our leads
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ Year demand generation experience
- SaaS B2B expertise
- Data-driven mindset
- Fintech experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial with hands on approach
- Experience with Salesforce and marketing automation tools
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.