Like building data-driven products? We would love to hear from you!
At CB Insights, we build software products that predict business and technology trends. This requires gathering information from disparate sources, analyzing it, extracting useful information and surfacing that on our platform.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and have tremendous impact on developing data ingestion and search features. Much of our team has been with us for over 2 years, despite a white-hot tech market. We can attribute much of that to a teach and learn culture where the role evolves with your interests. If you love developing data driven solutions, we would love to hear from you!
- This is an individual contributor role that would be ideal for someone who loves to code and wants to continue developing software (not people management)
- Lead and develop our next generation web application
- Develop solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, tested and delivered on time
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify problems and share knowledge with your colleagues
- Work with the product team to understand and implement software requirements
- Maintain, update and build new features for company’s research platform
- Work with other engineering teams on improving existing frameworks and code
- Maintain and deploy template code across micro-services
- Improve internal and external tooling used by the sales and marketing teams
- Work closely with the team as we migrate search services from CloudSearch to Elasticsearch
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable
- Hands on experience with Elasticsearch (Lucene, JSON, API) in a production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency developing in a MAC/Linux environment
- Relational database proficiency (i.e. MSSQL, MySQL, Aurora, Postgre SQL, Oracle)
- Love for experimentation
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
CB Insights values diversity, different perspectives, collaboration, and curiosity.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, CA
Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
Red Ventures, Pasadena, CA
Senior Front End Developer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sr. Software Engineer - Data Platform
Twilio, San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA
Principal Client Technologist
Cloud Technology Partners, Boston, MA