Product Manager, Marketplace
CB Insights, New York, NY or Remote
Software that predicts technology trends.
For the last ten years, CB Insights has been aggregating, analyzing, and advising on the trends shaping emerging technology.
Now we’re on a mission to connect the companies building the future with the buyers who can propel their businesses forward.
As Product Manager of our Marketplace product line, you’re a key player in bringing that to life.
You’ll develop the value proposition and experiences for emerging technology vendors to grow awareness, beat their competition, and engage potential investors, acquirers, partners, and customers through the CB Insights platform.
You’ll balance the needs of different users, ensuring both vendors and buyers alike build trust as they transact with one another.
And most of all you’ll empower new technology companies and the people who build them to succeed.
- Own and advocate for the strategy and roadmap of your products, starting with how vendors connect with buyers.
- Set, measure, and drive the metrics that represent your strategy. Report and be held accountable.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, including:
- With the Design team on researching, testing, and creating intuitive user experiences.
- With the Technical Program Management, Engineering and Data Science teams on expanding technical possibilities while delivering tightly scoped products.
- With the Research Products, Intelligence Unit (research), and Marketing teams on vendor acquisition, engagement, and retention, resolving capabilities across technology, people and process.
- At least 3 years of experience in B2B product management.
- Marketplace experience is strongly preferred.
- Deep user empathy. Proven at discovering and ruthlessly prioritizing customer problems.
- Entrepreneurial. Has shipped new software products from ideation through delivery while in rapid growth mode. Strong bias to execution and learning--including doing things that don’t scale when necessary.
- Driven by commercial and user outcomes.
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.