Senior Analyst Emerging Technologies
CB Insights, New York, NY or Remote
Software that predicts technology trends.
Research technology markets and companies. Help clients make decisions. Publish compelling research.
If you are passionate about trends and technologies shaping the future of the enterprise and emerging tech space, from AI development tools to cloud computing to collaboration software, then we have the role for you.
The role you'll play:
As a CB Insights analyst, you will produce digestible and actionable insights into technologies, business models, competitors, and market trends of tomorrow. By analyzing data and writing reports on the results, you will help predict which emerging trends will flourish and which will fade, by using data and not your gut.
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It's a unique opportunity to both work at a startup and spend your day analyzing the technologies, business models, companies, and market trends of tomorrow in your industry of interest. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform and its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day.
You will be surrounded by some of the most curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts and editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, and market research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with the commercial and product side of our business, and have the ear of senior decision makers in your space.
- Using CB Insights’ proprietary data set and analytic tools, write reports on technology and investment trends in cloud computing, cybersecurity, AI, enterprise SaaS, and more, for corporate strategy, venture capital, and technology decision maker clients.
- Lead client-directed startup scouting, market research, and technology assessment projects.
- Develop forward-looking analyses and insights for public-facing reports on emerging and enterprise technologies
- Support PR and media requests with subject matter expertise.
- Develop and give client and prospect client presentations to discuss market trends.
- Proactively identify industry trends and client needs to guide content planning.
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about technology investment, venture capital, and early-stage innovation in cutting edge technologies.
What you bring to the Table:
- 6+ years professional experience in a B2B emerging technology organization OR emerging technology focus within investment banking, equity research, industry analyst, consulting, or journalism.
- Writing experience is a MUST, with demonstrated ability to synthesize complex concepts into digestible, forward looking insights within the above fields.
- Must be a startup/tech geek, passionate about all things tech.
- Strong communication/presentation skills required. You should feel comfortable regularly speaking to clients and prospects as an authority on trends and investment activity in this space.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus.
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one