The Role You’ll Play:
Director of finance to oversee financials, budget, payroll, AP/AR, billing, collections, and tax needs.
We are searching for a highly analytical director of finance to oversee our company’s accounting and financial planning operation. In this position, you will not only be an accomplished accountant and proactive with company finances but will also be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for our business.
Your Main Tasks:
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing financial statements, and managing all fiscal reporting
- Accountability for the month-end close process, ensuring completeness and accuracy of reported financial results
- Establish targets and manage all accounting and finance employees
- Evaluate team and workflow and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance
- Ensure tax compliance with states and coordinate corporate tax filings with external CPAs
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team
- Administration of stock options and carta software
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant technical experience; including experience in a public accounting firm (preferably at manager level or above)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.