Data Research Associate
CB Insights, New York, NY or Remote
Software that predicts technology trends.
Data — Associate: Ensure quality. Increase depth. Uncover data to drive business.
The Role You’ll Play:
We’re looking for an entry level associate who is interested in digging into data to extract new trends, lessons, stories & gleanings that we can share with our community.
About the DataOps team:
DataOps is the lifeline of CB Insights, uncovering, extracting and inputting data to populate the systems in our platform.
Your Main Tasks:
- Problem-solving capabilities and analytics skills
- QA all of your own work in addition to reviewing team member’s work
- Document your work in a way that is reproducible & easily understandable by others
- Automating reports & building processes to minimize manual reporting
- Custom data pulls and analyses for clients & reports within tight deadlines
- Designing and revamping quarterly reports
- Knowledge sharing with other teammates
What you bring to the table:
- MS Excel skills, including pivot tables, vlookups, concatenate, conditional formatting & complex formulas
- BA/BS, preferably with a concentration in Finance or Economics
- Ability to process data/information efficiently
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.
Be a Better CB Insights Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at CB Insights when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about CB Insights? Visit CB Insights's website.
See jobs at CipherHealth
Tech Jobs For You
Staff Data Scientist (Applied Science), Education
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City, CA (Open to Remote)