1. Global community and communications. There are small Change.org teams in 18 countries, with a large team and HQ in SF. Your job is to build and maintain communication flows which support a positive and engaging sense of global community. We’d welcome creativity in how to do that best, and for now here’s what it involves:
- Link up with key contacts from teams across the world to bring in news and content each week.
- Use that content to curate the production of a weekly video highlighting staff fun and major accomplishments Use that content to help plan and produce our weekly All Team global video conference.
- Produce quarterly ceremonies which recognize staff across the world who live our values.
- Global celebrations (eg International Women’s Day)
- Your ideas!
2. San Francisco Community management. Our HQ has teams as diverse as Engineering, Campaigning, Finance and our Executives. Creating a sense of intimate, positive community is desired by everyone but takes leadership to make happen. Here’s what we’re thinking:
- Solicit ideas from a 50+ person office for ways of having fun together.
- Plan and execute monthly outings or events for the SF team
- Plan weekly office gatherings which help people build connection and friendship
3. Manage our SF office owning day to day operations. Managing a space housing 50+ people takes organization, forethought, and a smile. We are looking for someone who can foster a welcoming, productive, and safe space. Basically that means:
- Able to take ownership of situations as they may arise and deliver solutions
- Manage relationships and invoicing with key vendors (building management, contractors, suppliers, etc.), and manage them to implement new services and improvements for the office
- Be the first point of call to support staff’s questions and needs, providing answers or directing them to the right people internally
- Support the onboarding of new employees
- Manage the office budget and establish standards and service levels
- Maintain a professional and high quality environment including greeting guests and visitors and ensuring a positive first impression
- Work collaboratively with other operational teams (HR, Finance, Legal etc)
This describes you:
- Cultural leadership: demonstrated success building or facilitating a great community of some kind. We are flexible in our interpretation of community, but we are looking for someone who has strong and creative ideas about how to build a sense of connection between people.
- Office management experience or similar (maybe managing events, or a background in retail or hospitality.
- Naturally approachable and people focused
- Solutions focus: you take ownership of problems, get things done, and keep stakeholders informed!
- Organized: you are be able to multitask but still keep track of priorities, managing your workload and other people’s expectations accordingly. You have no problem managing basic budgets and expense reports.
- Tech savvy: we work on Macs, use Google Apps, Slack and have multiple video conferencing rooms. You need to be confident in a techy environment, and it will be a bonus if you can support others with IT issues.
Change.org is the world’s largest social change platform with nearly 200 million users in 196 countries. Every day, people around the world use our tools to transform their communities. We make it possible for anyone to start a campaign and immediately mobilize hundreds of others locally or hundreds of thousands around the world, making governments and companies more responsive and accountable.