As the Campaigns Director in our team, you will:
- Identify the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Australia, and critical intervention points for everyday people to gain more power in our democracy.
- Be responsible for leading campaign support for people who start petitions on our platform -- helping win groundbreaking and nation capturing campaigns across a wide variety of issues.
- Develop and execute rapid response campaign strategies, including innovative online and offline tactics, that help petition starters win campaigns that seem impossible.
- Pitch and secure media coverage of petitions by liaising with journalists and media outlets, preparing press notes and mentoring petition starters through media interviews.
- Engage with senior political and corporate decision makers across the country to facilitate responses and engagement with petitions.
- Write a whole lot of compelling copy & create online content about users' campaigns and impact, including emails, social and video content.
- Work with campaigns staff to help manage the largest social change email list in the country -- delivering new and best practice online engagement tactics.
- Identify and help deliver fundraising and membership retention tactics within campaigns to help grow Australia's membership program.
- Support petition starters by leading the organising of offline tactics like petition deliveries.
- Work with the Australian Director to develop and effectively track ambitious campaign impact, growth and engagement goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
This describes you:
- You have a deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- You have experience in owning the development and execution of campaign strategy, including power and media mapping an issue.
- You're driven by results, crave the next victory and are always on the hunt for the next big opportunity to change the world.
- You've got knowledge and deep interest in the Australian media and political landscape (news and social media junkies desired!), and know how to get a story to cut through in a busy newsroom.
- Your email and copywriting is killer. You've got a strong sense of narrative and user experience, and you can turn out compelling copy at short notice.
- You have a finger on the pulse of the latest campaign tactics.
- You've got an interest in using data to discover and learn best practices.
- Importantly, you're willing to take risks, fail, and adapt -- and are constantly curious about how to improve your work.
- You've got a strong sense of fun and give-and-take -- our team is constantly pushing the envelope and each other to challenge assumptions, go all-in, and imagine the impossible.
Change.org is the world’s largest social change platform with nearly 200 million users in 196 countries. Every day, people around the world use our tools to transform their communities. We make it possible for anyone to start a campaign and immediately mobilize hundreds of others locally or hundreds of thousands around the world, making governments and companies more responsive and accountable.
Want to learn more about Change.org? Visit Change.org's website.
Jobs You May Like
Conversion Optimisation/ UX Specialist
Lightspeed, Montreal, QC
Okta, London, UK
Provider Success Liaison - Seattle
Quartet, Seattle, WA
Senior Researcher, Social Listening - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Healthline Media, San Francisco, CA
Teads, San Francisco, CA