VP of North America
Change.org, San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Platform for petitions and social change
As the VP of North America you will focus on the following:
- Impact: Develop and execute on a strategic plan for more effectively empowering the 35 million Americans who visit Change.org each month to create change on the issues they care about. This will include creating a vision for how we can best support the tens of thousands of grassroots organizers using our platform, ensure the people joining these campaigns have opportunities for contributing to and experiencing powerful and creative campaign moments that drive impact, and connecting campaigns to government officials and business leaders in order to win campaigns for change.
- Brand: Grow our brand as the world’s leading hub for civic organizing, so that anyone interested in creating change knows they can come to our platform to translate their interest into effective action. Every month Change.org campaigns organically generate thousands of media hits from top-tier outlets, ranging from The New York Times and Wall Street Journal to CNN and NBC. Your role will be to work in partnership with and oversee a small communications team that develops innovative ways of increasing the coverage of the remarkable stories of the campaign creators using our tools and turns these individual stories into a broader awareness of Change.org as a platform for civic action.
- Revenue: Design and deliver on an ambitious and rigorous revenue strategy which positions the US and Canada as sustainable, high ROI markets. Our principal revenue streams are driven by our users, who can contribute money to promote petitions as well as become monthly members of Change.org. The success of these revenue products depends on inspiring, high-impact campaigns, creative and sustainable acquisition strategies, a sophisticated understanding of user engagement and retention, and a ruthless level of attention to data.
- Management: Manage and lead a team of campaigners, communications staff, writers, digital fundraising experts, and managers. This includes recruiting and retaining great talent, setting ambitious goals and motivating the team to hit them, fostering a culture of growth and collaboration, building efficient systems, and operational management (budgets, HR, etc).
- Leadership: Provide executive leadership to the broader company. As one of our most senior leaders, you will work collaboratively with other leaders around the world to ‘think big’ about the opportunities we have to increase our impact, address the obstacles we face, and foster a culture defined by our values.
- Run a successful, diverse, large scale digital campaigning and/or fundraising program, and have a deep understanding of data and performance metrics as it relates to digital advocacy (open rates, CTR, conversion, etc).
- 10+ years of experience in digital advocacy, marketing, a mission-driven business, or another related field is preferred.
- Experience with social change campaigning -- knowledge of what it takes to drive and win advocacy campaigns.
- A strong understanding of how to build high impact brands, along with the skills required to lead a prominent global brand (excellent written, public speaking, relationship building, and outreach skills)
- Demonstrated success generating revenue. You’ve been accountable for revenue targets and have some business development or related experience.
- Some experience with data and analytics that helps you draw insights from several different types of performance metrics. and gain insights from a complex funnel of KPIs.
- A track record of leading and inspiring high performing teams. You have demonstrated success hiring and retaining great people, unifying large teams with disparate skills and interests, and leading them to success.
- Extensive connections with senior leadership at organizations and mission-driven business doing digital advocacy, digital fundraising, and social change work.
- A deep inner calling to empower people everywhere to create the change they want to see, and along with a deep understanding of ecosystem of social change of which we are part.
Change.org is the world’s largest social change platform with nearly 200 million users in 196 countries. Every day, people around the world use our tools to transform their communities. We make it possible for anyone to start a campaign and immediately mobilize hundreds of others locally or hundreds of thousands around the world, making governments and companies more responsive and accountable.
Want to learn more about Change.org? Visit https://www.change.org/
Jobs You May Like
Business Development Manager
Time Inc., Stamford, CT
Manager, Agency Partnerships
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Business Development Sales Executive (English)
Trustee - Background: Engaging New Communities
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Business Development Manager
Twitch, Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA
Tourism Partnerships Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, California