Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Change.org, Victoria, BC, Canada
Platform for petitions and social change
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve the product quality.
- Work in an agile environment (TDD, pairing, short release cycles).
- Lead technical projects.
- Support and develop Software Engineers through mentorship and coaching.
- Architect new systems and components.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Proactively refactor the codebase to improve its quality.
- Contribute to our bottom line through rigorous analytics and A/B testing.
- Create tools that turn abstract ideas into something visual.
- Teach, learn, and document.
Here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- 6+ years of experience writing clean, performant, test-driven code; at least 2 years in Ruby on Rails.
- 2+ years experience building systems from the ground up.
- 2+ years experience working with a production system at scale.
- 2+ years systems integration experience.
- Identify and analyze issues across the entire stack.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical subjects.
- Properly size-up a feature to understand the potential risk versus gain.
- Put in place tools to ensure the reliability, availability and serviceability of a service.
- Sound understanding of Linux and process management.
- Familiarity working with SQL and data stores (MySQL, Redis, Cassandra).
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Node.js, Backbone.js, Rendr or React.
- Knowledge of Chef or similar configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of Golang.
- Knowledge of additional languages and frameworks.
- Experience in additional software stacks.
- Experience teaching and mentoring.
Change.org is the world’s largest social change platform with nearly 200 million users in 196 countries. Every day, people around the world use our tools to transform their communities. We make it possible for anyone to start a campaign and immediately mobilize hundreds of others locally or hundreds of thousands around the world, making governments and companies more responsive and accountable.
Want to learn more about Change.org? Visit Change.org's website.
Jobs You May Like
Solutions Engineer - East Coast
GitHub, Washington, DC
Scribd, Austin, TX OR REMOTE
Senior Program Manager - Content Operations
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Site Reliability Engineer, Recent Grad
Samsara, San Francisco
Confluent Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto
Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires