Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- You will help set technical/product direction of our data science team.
- Use machine learning techniques to present relevant content to our diverse user base in order to increase engagement and raise the impact of our social justice platform.
- Take the lead on data science research projects and pursue them through production.
- Apply statistics, modeling, and ML to improve the performance of financial models and recommendation algorithms, as well as other areas where you see fit. .
- Work with product managers and engineers to design and debug A/B experiments.
- Own the architecture, delivery, and evolution of interrelated big data systems.
- Contribute to back-end distributed systems engineering in implementation/integration/monitoring/maintaining our applied data science/machine learning infrastructure.
Here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- Masters in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Statistics or a quantitative field with a strong engineering background.
- Experience with Python and SQL is required.
- A combined 6+ years of industry experience in the data science arena dealing with large volume and variety of datasets.
- 4+ years professional experience with modeling and analysis, statistics, machine learning, and/or large-scale data mining. Has deep experience in the data science methodology from exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, model selection, deployment of the model at scale and model evaluation by using AB testing in production
- Experience with multiple supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, such as logistic regression, naïve bayes, decision trees, k-means clustering, and principal components analysis. Specific experience with natural language processing techniques is highly desirable.
- Specific experience in solving machine learning problems that have very sparse data.
- Work with other data and engineering professionals—as well as additional stakeholders across the company—to respond to business problems with practical solutions.
- Choose the most effective technologies and approaches for a variety of big data and data science challenges, and own application thereof.
Change.org is the world’s largest social change platform with nearly 200 million users in 196 countries. Every day, people around the world use our tools to transform their communities. We make it possible for anyone to start a campaign and immediately mobilize hundreds of others locally or hundreds of thousands around the world, making governments and companies more responsive and accountable.
Want to learn more about Change.org? Visit Change.org's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Data Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Boston
Zuora, New York
Part-time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Seattle
Domain Expert, Copyeditor- Arabic
Dataminr, Dublin, Ireland
Data Analyst - Developer Experience Team
Twitch, San Francisco, CA