Chariot Driver - Commuter/Enterprise (Full Time and Part Time)
Chariot Transit, San Francisco
Building sustainable mass transit.
Chariot Driver – Commuter/Enterprise (Full Time and Part Time)
Chariot is building the world’s first crowdsourced transit network. We are reinventing mass transit, creating a fast, reliable, comfortable service for commuters and companies. Our plan is to become world's best and first profitable commuting option. Sound exciting? We're looking for people like you to be the face of Chariot!
As a driver (“Charioteers”) you will operate a brand new 9 – 14 passenger chariot (vehicle), all directed by our custom-built technology. The ideal Charioteer has a passion for driving, enjoys working with people, is professional, and has excellent interpersonal skills. Join a growing team and help change the commute for thousands of riders.
What makes a great Charioteer?
- Previous customer service and/or driving experience
- Transportation professionals with a passion for the open road
- Candidates looking for long term career growth, training and development
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues and passengers
- Comfortable working in a team-based work environment
- We love Veterans and Retirees
A Day in the Life of a Charioteer:
- Driver routes usually: Monday through Friday, enjoy your weekends off or pick up extra shifts if available
- We offer flexibility, full time and part time shifts available
- We ask for you to be flexible – full time drivers must be willing to work a split shift
- AM shifts may begin from 5:15am and end as late as11:30am
- PM shifts may begin from 2:15pm and end as late as 9:30pm
- Drivers are assigned to an enterprise route or commuter route based on business needs and seniority
- Route assignment can change at any time based on business needs
- Minimum age of 21 years old
- Active class C license, $16.50 hourly increases to $19 after obtaining Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement.
- Willing to complete paid training and testing for commercial license with passenger endorsement
- Active commercial license holder w/ passenger endorsement - $19.00 hourly
- Minimum 3 years continuous driving history
- Drivers over 25, no more than 2 violations in the last 3 years.
- Drivers under 25, clean driving record
- Must pass all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements including drug and alcohol screenings
- Full-time employees must be willing to work split shifts
- Have a good knowledge of roads/trip routes
- Pass all driver training and safety training
- Deliver excellent customer service in every situation to all riders
Benefits and Perks
- Class C Drivers - $16.50 per hour
- Paid CDL training
- Commercial Drivers – pay rate is $19 per hour and $1000 sign on bonus, pay increases according the Union Contract
- Full Benefits Coverage – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Union Representation
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity for growth and promotions (based on performance)
- Team Building Events and Snacks
- A Division of Ford Smart Mobility- Ford employee discount eligibility
- Refer other great drivers, and get a referral bonus if they meet the requirements
Chariot is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to a culturally diverse workforce. Chariot considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Chariot does not accept unsolicited resumes/CVs through this website or directly to employees from external recruiting agencies and will not pay fees to any agency without a prior signed agreement. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Chariot will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Chariot Transit
At Chariot, we're focused on creating the world's first self-sustainable mass-transit system that relieves congestion while offering a comfortable, personalized commuting experience. The core of our mission is universal access to better transportation. We envision cities where every commuter takes Chariot to work and home — regardless of income or location — which is why we prioritize affordability and flexibility as we expand. When the world runs on smarter routes, lower costs, and better ride experiences, we'll collectively take cars off the road and transform our twice-daily frustration into a part of your day you actually look forward to.
Want to learn more about Chariot Transit? Visit Chariot Transit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Customer Operations Support
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
User Generated Content Team Lead - Trust & Safety
Airbnb, Dublin, Ireland
Logistics & Inventory Specialist
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA
Customer Support Engineer
Restaurant General Manager
Dig Inn, New York City
HelloFresh, New York, NY