San Francisco Bay Area CA Driver - Full Time or Part Time
Chariot Transit, San Francisco Bay Area
Building sustainable mass transit.
Professional Driver - Full Time & Part Time Shifts Available!
Chariot is building the world’s first crowdsourced transit network. We are reinventing mass transit, creating a fast, reliable, comfortable service for commuters and companies. Our plan is to become world's best and first profitable commuting option. Sound exciting? We're looking for people like you to be the face of Chariot!
As a driver (“Charioteer”) you will operate a 9 – 14 passenger Chariot (vehicle), directed by our custom-built technology. The ideal Charioteer has a passion for driving, is tech-savvy and professional, enjoys working with people, and has excellent interpersonal skills. Join a growing team and help change the commute for thousands of riders!
What makes a great Charioteer?
- Previous customer service or driving experience
- Transportation professionals with a passion for driving
- Candidates looking for long term career growth, training and development
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues and passengers
- Comfort working on a team and adhering to policies and safety protocols
A Day in the Life of a Charioteer:
- Most routes are Monday through Friday, enjoy your weekends off or pick up extra shifts if desired (if available)
- We offer flexibility: full time and part time shifts available!
- Most full time drivers currently work a split shift
- AM shifts can start as early as 5:15 am (morning shifts end at 11:30 am at the latest)
- PM shifts start at 2:15pm or later, and end as late as 9:30 pm
- Drivers are assigned to an enterprise client route or commuter route based on business needs and seniority
- Route assignments can change at any time based on business needs
- All drivers start their day at our lot in San Francisco (dogpatch neighborhood)
- Minimum age is 21 years old
- Active Class C California Driver’s License required (this is a standard California Driver’s License), or an active Commercial Driver’s License
- Willing to complete Chariot’s paid training and testing for commercial license with passenger endorsement (we will train you!)
- Minimum 3 years continuous driving history required. No exceptions.
- Drivers over age 25 can have no more than 2 violations in the last 3 years. No exceptions.
- Drivers under age 25 must have a clean driving record. No exceptions.
- Must be able to pass all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements, including drug and alcohol screenings and a DOT physical.
- Full-time employees must be willing to work split shifts
- Have a good knowledge of roads/trip routes and must be willing to start and end the day at our SF lot location.
- Pass all Chariot driver training and safety training
- Deliver excellent customer service in every situation to all riders
Benefits and Perks
- For those with a standard Class C California Driver’s License, pay starts at $16.50 per hour and increases to $19 after finishing a Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement training and passing all required exams.
- We provide and pay for your Chariot CDL training (you will become a professional driver through our in-house training)
- For those who already have a Commercial Drivers with passenger endorsement, starting pay rate is $19 per hour and you’ll receive $1000 sign on bonus, plus pay increases according the Union Contract
- Chariot-paid benefits coverage – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Standard sick leave for full time SF drivers (full time is those working 100 hours a month or more)
- Union Representation for SF drivers
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity for growth and promotions (based on performance)
- Team events and snacks
- We're part of Ford Smart Mobility- Ford employee discount eligibility!
- Refer other great drivers, and get a referral bonus if they meet the requirements
Chariot is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to a culturally diverse workforce. Chariot considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Chariot does not accept unsolicited resumes/CVs through this website or directly to employees from external recruiting agencies and will not pay fees to any agency without a prior signed agreement. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Chariot will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Chariot Transit
At Chariot, we're focused on creating the world's first self-sustainable mass-transit system that relieves congestion while offering a comfortable, personalized commuting experience. The core of our mission is universal access to better transportation. We envision cities where every commuter takes Chariot to work and home — regardless of income or location — which is why we prioritize affordability and flexibility as we expand. When the world runs on smarter routes, lower costs, and better ride experiences, we'll collectively take cars off the road and transform our twice-daily frustration into a part of your day you actually look forward to.
Want to learn more about Chariot Transit? Visit Chariot Transit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Account Manager
Rubicon Project, New York, NY, Boston, MA, or San Francisco, CA
Operations Project Manager
Sapcorda, Hanover, Germany
Guest Experience Manager - Projects, Products & Partnerships
Operations Specialist - Green Bay
LimeBike, Green Bay, WI
Optician, Greenwich Ave.
Warby Parker, Greenwich, CT