Chariot Driver - Commuter/Enterprise (Full Time and Part Time)
Chariot Transit, Detroit
Building sustainable mass transit.
Chariot Driver – Commuter/Enterprise (Full Time and Part Time)
Chariot is reinventing mass transit for commuters and companies with a fast, reliable, and comfortable service. We're well under way after three years, three markets, and Ford Smart Mobility investing heavily in us. Chariots Commuter route riders can reserve a seat and track their Chariot in real time, while our Enterprise routes provide private commuter transportation services for companies of all sizes. Enterprise chariots are WiFi-enabled and allow for flexible work options for our riders.
Our employee drivers (“Charioteers”) operate brand new 9-passenger chariots, all directed by our custom-built technology. The ideal Charioteer enjoys working with people, is professional, and has excellent interpersonal skills. Join a growing team and help change the commute for thousands of riders.
- We ask that all of our drivers be flexible - you must be willing to drive on any route to better meet the needs of our customer, including routes where highway driving is required
- Drivers are assigned to an enterprise route or commuter route based on business needs
- Route assignment can change at anytime to fill or cover due to business needs
- All routes currently launch from our San Francisco Operations Hub
- Full time drivers are expected to work a split-shift which requires 5 AM shifts and 5 PM shifts each week (M-F)
- AM launch times begin at approximately 5:15am and end at approximately 11am
- PM launch times begin at approximately 2:15pm and end at approximately 8pm
Benefits and PerkS
- Paid CDL training
- Full Benefits – health, dental, vision
- Opportunity for growth and promotions (based on performance)
- Team Building Events
- Start up backed by Ford Smart Mobility
- You're at least 21 years old
- You have a valid driver's license in Michigan
- Have or Willing to Obtain a Michigan Chauffeurs Permit
- You have no more than 2 moving violations
- You've had a valid license for at least 3 years in the United States
- No suspensions
- No DUIs
What makes a great Charioteer?
At Chariot, we are moving quick and growing fast! The ideal Charioteer has a passion for customer service, loves working on a team, and understands that some time thing can change at a moments notice!
We are looking for the following qualities in our drivers:
- Previous customer service and/or driving experience (hospitality, retail, food service, administrative)
- Transportation professionals
- Candidates looking for long term career growth and development
- Dedication to the job
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues and passengers
Chariot is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and committed to a culturally diverse workforce. Chariot considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Chariot does not accept unsolicited resumes/CVs through this website or directly to employees from external recruiting agencies and will not pay fees to any agency without a prior signed agreement.
About Chariot Transit
At Chariot, we're focused on creating the world's first self-sustainable mass-transit system that relieves congestion while offering a comfortable, personalized commuting experience. The core of our mission is universal access to better transportation. We envision cities where every commuter takes Chariot to work and home — regardless of income or location — which is why we prioritize affordability and flexibility as we expand. When the world runs on smarter routes, lower costs, and better ride experiences, we'll collectively take cars off the road and transform our twice-daily frustration into a part of your day you actually look forward to.
Want to learn more about Chariot Transit? Visit Chariot Transit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer
Hortonworks, Budapest, Hungary
Pivotal Software, Chicago, IL
Customer Service- Merchant Support: Full-Time
Service Delivery Lead m/f
Content Operations Specialist - India