Checkr, San Francisco
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The ideal candidate must love distributed systems and comfortable building a strong data foundation for the Engineering team.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Identify new and unique ways to capture data
- Classifying charges to deliver more compliant background check reports
- Build automated decision-making tools
- Data pipelining / ingesting ETLs
- Implement robust interfaces to allow integration with our platform
What we value in a Data Engineer:
- 2+ years industry experience in Data Engineering or Data Science teams
- Experience with Distributed systems
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Front End
Rocket Lawyer, Saltillo, MX
Software Engineer, API
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Test Engineer
Aptoide, Lisbon, Portugal
Senior Platform Software Engineer
StudyBlue, San Francisco
Solutions Engineer (Cantonese Speaking)