Director of Engineering - Platform
Checkr, San Francisco
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced director of engineering to lead our data, devops and backend infrastructure group. Our team works to provide an ecosystem to ensure that we’re able to scale effectively with our growing demand. In this role, you will lead the teams responsible for the infrastructure that powers our ML / NLP that makes our background check engine more intelligent and scalable. Our infrastructure team is at the heart of Checkr. This involves optimizing workflows for our background check reports, meeting regularly with engineers, product and stakeholders to gather feedback from projects, product development, mentoring and general satisfaction.This team ensures that our services are incredibly performant and available at all time. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week week may look like at Checkr
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
What we value in an Director of Engineering
- 7+ years as an engineering manager with 3+ years managing managers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building products that work at web scale.
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Worked at a startup
- Experience with microservices
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in related field
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Provisioning Team - Dublin
Senior Backend Engineer
Neighborly, San Francisco / Boston, MA
Senior Front-end Developer
Director of DevOps
Updater, New York, NY
Software Platform QA Engineer (SDET)
SigFig, San Francisco
Site Reliability Engineer
Gray Scalable, New York, NY