Checkr, San Francisco
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead the platform team in building out the core logic of our background check engine. This involves optimizing workflows for our background check reports, meeting regularly with engineers, product and stakeholders to gather feedback from projects, product development, mentoring and general satisfaction. This person will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
What a typical week week may look like at Checkr:
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
What we value in an Engineering Manager:
- 4+ years as an engineering manager or team lead role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building products that work at web scale.
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Worked at a startup
- Experience with microservices
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in related field
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Risk and Controls Analyst
Acquia, Boston, MA
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Technical Project Manager France
Data Analyst, Growth
Reddit, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Austin, TX