Group Product Manager - Data and Compliance
Checkr, San Francisco
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking to hire a Group Product Manager to lead a team of Product Managers focused on Checkr’s data strategy. Your team will be responsible on optimizing Checkr’s data sources for quality, reliability, and accuracy, while leveraging machine learning to boost automation efficiency. Our ideal candidate will have experience piecing together data from disparate sources, while being able to see through the noise and take product quality to the next level.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Drive the product roadmap & strategy for Checkr’s data sources & processing
- Research new data partnership opportunities co-own strategy with the Data Operations team
- Drive cross-functional alignment with Operations team - specifically, Data Operations, QA, Investigations, and Quality teams
- Recruit, lead, mentor, and grow a team of high performing product managers
- Develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
What we value in a Group Product Manager:
- 8+ years experience in product management, 2+ years as a people manager
- Proven track record of working on data strategies
- Seasoned negotiator and leadership presence
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience with scrum or other agile development
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar experience
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr:
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.