Software Engineer, Enterprise
Checkr, San Francisco
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Enterprise team in building a “best-in-class” product that delights our Enterprise customers. We are seeking someone who has a strong technical background and is passionate about driving new features from inception through release. This involves building a marketplace ecosystem, a customer facing dashboard, and flexible account management capabilities. Checkr was founded by engineers for engineers; we want to create the best environment for developers to build, learn and love their work.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Collaborating with Product, Sales, and Customer Success to design new product ideas
- Solving challenging and highly rewarding problems posed by Checkr’s largest customers
- Implementing new feature architectures and designs
- Building, testing and releasing features across the entire stack
What we value in a Software Engineer:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- A strong communicator who can bridge concepts across Sales, Product, and other Engineering teams
- A cunning problem solver well-versed in considering and making technical tradeoffs
- Experience designing and building APIs
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent (BS or MS)
- Experience building and delivering products for enterprise customers
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.
Want to learn more about Checkr? Visit Checkr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer
Senior Manager, Quality Operations
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Cloud Operations Engineer
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Endurance International Group, Tempe AZ
Security Operations Engineer
Blend, San Francisco
Engineering Manager - MetaData