Director of Engineering, Enterprise Group
Checkr, San Francisco
Checkr provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr has become the dominant background check provider for the on-demand economy, and is continuing to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. Providing modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups has taught us first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make a huge impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our product engineering teams focused on scaling our Enterprise Platform. This group is at the heart of Checkr, and has a direct impact in accelerating our business growth. This includes building a marketplace offering, developing best-in-class integrations with HR Information Systems, managing our financial infrastructure and improving the overall product experience for our users.
What a typical week week may look like at Checkr
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
What we value in a Director of Engineering
- 7+ years as an engineering manager with 3+ years managing managers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building products that work at web scale.
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Checkr has found the way to balance safety and consumer protection. It is our responsibility to be accurate and help our clients avoid errors. Background screenings are transactions that rely on trust and we believe trust is based on transparency. Consumers deserve more transparency on their rights and the information in their report. Employers deserve more transparency on data, its value and their responsibilities.